RE: Dirty Pictures

<<There is no way I would blow compressed air in there. If it didn't knock
something out of whack it would at least distribute the dust throughout
the works. >>
I would not "give it a blast" for routine cleaning: for that I use a minivac.
 But the dust that found it's way to the mirror negotiated a tortuous path
to get there.  It was STUCK.  I actually gave the mirror a full power blast
from half an inch and it didn't shift it.

I might completely disassemble the scanner as in the link I posted *after*
I already have the replacement.

Nikon 4000 dpi of Minolta 5400 dpi?
Mmmm... there's a choice to make ;o)

Bob