Re: PF Galleries on 11/15/03

<<< I'm glad to be a part of the list, even when Bob rips my work and
dignity to pieces ;) >>>

Oops.

Yes, it does look a little harsh on you this week ;o(

If nothing else: can you see what I meant about your image being a
panorama?
Maybe not: but to me the middle horizontal strip was where all the
interest lay.
The other thing, the technical quality of the scan you submit may not
do justice to the original photo.  Jeff's B&W last week was about as
good as it gets for texture.  Flat-bed scanners (IMO) tend to be
harder to get good results from).  We cannot see your original, only
what appears on the screen.  [I have a tale to tell on my scanner
quite soon]

On reviews in general:
When I read the reviews here I don't just jump straight to those
dealing with my own image but also I read carefully how they treat the
other images in the set.  If I find myself in agreement with comments
about them then it makes it harder to dismiss the comments on my own.
Also, it gives a general level.  Some reviews praise every image,
regardless.   Personally I find those harder to read - you have to
read what they don't say instead of what they do ;o)

Bob

PS ... always remember that ATEOTD they are just pictures.