Re: PF Galleries on 11/15/03 (bob)

<<< I'm glad to be a part of the list, even when Bob rips my work and
dignity to pieces ;) >>>

Oops.

Yes, it does look a little harsh on you this week ;o(

not to worry bob, i can take it...you were right though about the horizontal strip holding the interest...there was a lot of empty foreground and top...this is one element of composition i have to work on in that i try, more often than not, to frame a whole scene rather than try to pic out the good bits...i do like this scene in that it's the only picture i have from egypt that doesn't have an ounce of modernity to it...what you saw is what it was...

The other thing, the technical quality of the scan you submit may not
do justice to the original photo.

you hit the nail on the head there...the only scanner i have access to is an HP precision scan that gets bitchy after 300 dpi...as a result, i only have two analog photos on my web page so far (check it out, not for layout because i have no interest in that, but for your recommendations on scanning)

On reviews in general:
When I read the reviews here I don't just jump straight to those
dealing with my own image but also I read carefully how they treat the
other images in the set.

me too...my only reason for being on this chat is to learn

enjoy...trevor cunningham

"The optimist believes this is the best of all possible worlds.
 The pessimist fears it's true"  - J Robert Oppenheimer

http://www.geocities.com/tr_cunningham

Do you Yahoo!?