Re: Charged CCDs

Gregory david Stempel FIREFRAMEi m a g i n g <fyrframe@centurytel.net>
wrote/replied to:

>Can anyone help me understand the pros and cons to the charged CCD used in
>Nikon's D1x? I am finally considering a dslr and have settled on the D1x or
>D2H from Nikon.
>
>Any feedback would be appreciated.

I can tell you that Canon's imager is a CMOS. This give the advantage
of lower noise, especially at higher ISOs, and less of a dust problem.
The Nikon camera I'm sure is a fine unit though, and their prices tend
to be slightly lower than Canon's competing cameras.

If you have some expensive Nikon glass, Nikon is a good way to go. But
if you're planning on some new lenses, I'd think seriously about
Canon.

The two competing companies have more differences, especially in
camera controls and layout. Some people find the Nikon well laid out,
some find the Canon their cup of tea.

But let's face it, any new camera body is going to take some getting
used to.

Jim Davis
- checkout the Motorcycle Headlight Relay Kit at:
http://jimdavis.oberro.com/html/bike_acc_.html