Re: Review: PF Galleries on 11/8/03

In a message dated 11/11/03 10:20:14 PM Central Standard Time, LScottPht
writes:

<< She thinks Steve McCurry's shot of the Afghan girl is so much better than
the work of someone like Sebastaio Salgado, Robert Capa or A. Raffaele
Ciriello.  >>

I forgot to add that I also love McCurry's shot and his work in general, but
as another National Geographic staff photographer once told me..."his work is
typical". Typical stuff is pleasing, of course, but I am trying hard to be not
so "typical".  And, I think you can achieve greatness by going outside of
what is expected. By the way, this same NG staffer liked 2 of the shots of mine
where the person was looking out of the frame with hardly any space left in
front of them. The rest of my stuff was apparently "typical". So, as I said, it
is so subjective.

Leslie Spurlock
Leslie Scott Photography and Tours
http://www.lesliescottphotography.com