Re: Why the ZOOM lenses has this name ???

At 07:11 AM 11/11/03 +0000, you wrote:
> I can Google too - ask me anything :-)  Do an image search for
> "zoomar"  Way cool :
http://www.touchtmj4.com/50www/tech/lenses.htm

Aln

you would be surprised how many people cannot - use google that is.

The number of people who ask where the photoforum gallery is when
typing the phrase into google takes you straight there ;o)

Bob

PS ... we still don't know when "zoom" came into common use for lenses. The word zoom existed long before Zoomar inc did. Who has a set of camera mag from 1920 to 1940?

Bob,

Google and powerful search engines in general are fascinating. Image search should be built into all cameras to save having to re-shoot stuff that's already been done

How we conceive of knowledge will change. I read somewhere that Amazon is going to have a huge text search service.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book, 2nd ed.
NOW SHIPPING