Re: Why the ZOOM lenses has this name ???

At 06:03 PM 11/10/03 -0600, you wrote:

Qkano wrote:

> As to Zoomar lenses: I don't think they led to the word. The question
>
>is whether the company was named after the word, or whether there
>actually was a Herr Zoomar ...
>
>Bob

I direct you to the following URL which gives a history of Dr. Back, the
American who designed the first zoom lens, and the company which
involved Kilfitt. It's interesting to know. I had no idea where the name
came from either.
Don

http://www.cameraquest.com/kilzoom.htm

Don Roberts * Bittersweet Productions * Iowa City, IA
Democracy is a device that ensures we shall be governed
 no better than we deserve. ----George Bernard Shaw

Here's another: http://orpheus.ucsd.edu/speccoll/testing/html/mss0568e.html

Anybody at USC?

I can Google too - ask me anything :-) Do an image search for "zoomar" Way cool : http://www.touchtmj4.com/50www/tech/lenses.htm