Re: Eclipse photos?

I tried doing multiple exposures with my 8008s. That way, with the remote cord coming into the car through the mostly closed window, I could time the exposures and not freeze my keister off out there. It wasn't terribly cold here, and the batteries were fresh, so the camera was OK with all of this. But I had to come out between exposures to reset the location of the moon in the viewfinder. At least once the moon wasn't even there by the time I'd reached the final exposure, so I suppose I've got large, moonish streaks across the film.

I was using very slow slide film and verrry long exposures - 5 minutes on average. I didn't think to take my fast long zoom, so I had to shoot at f5.6. Mostly I suspect it was all a bust, but interesting, and now that I've thought it through I'll be prepared to do it right the next time.

lessee - what happens to color bias on Provia 400 when you push process it 4 stops.....

And just how far does the moon move in a minute?

Hmm.
--
Emily L. Ferguson
mailto:elf@cape.com