Re: color me confused.............(so what else is new)

> So fiddling with things like WB in camera, or shooting in AWB just
> makes more work for me. Of course for someone who does not own a
copy
> of Capture One, things are going to be much different. The Canon RAW
> conversion software is enough to make anyone shoot in JPG and worry
> about WB.

Is Canon's raw converter really that bad?

Bob

Some assorted references ...

Minolta RAW file format
http://www.dalibor.cz/minolta/raw_file_format.htm

(What Goes on Inside Your Digital Camera When You Press the Button)
http://www.kodak.com/US/en/corp/researchDevelopment/technologyFeatures
/pixPic.shtml

10 RAW File Processing
http://www.outbackphoto.com/handbook/rawfileprocessing.html

The Art of RAW Conversion #001
"RAW Converter Essentials"
http://www.outbackphoto.com/artofraw/raw_01/essay.html

Tortuga Technologies Pty Ltd. - C-source, Convert a Bayer Pattern CFA
to a bitmap
http://www.tortuga.com.au/products/info/cfa2bmp.html