Re: color me confused.............(so what else is new)

Les Baldwin wrote:
Hi Russ,

It may be that your shutter speed was too slow and allowed lights other
than your strobes to "help" with the exposure. .......

Les and Russ,

It seems to me the potential causes you suggest would shift his color balance the other direction toward warm. Theatrical lights are mostly tungsten and older flash tubes and soft boxes shift toward warm.

That being said, a cold- or daylight balanced florescent light might have given Russ a shift toward cyan. If there is any hint of green in the color shift that would be a tell tale sign.

Russ said that he forgot to make sure his color balance was set to 6500K. That seems a bit cool to me. However, wouldn't this be a likely place to start looking for the cause of his surprising color balance?

Peace!
Sidney