RE: color me confused.............(so what else is new)

Hi Russ,

It may be that your shutter speed was too slow and allowed lights other
than your strobes to "help" with the exposure. Mixed lighting is a very
common problem with lower powered strobes used on location. If your
shutter speed was in the neighborhood of 1/30 sec or so it is quite
possible that ambient stage or area lighting caused the shift you need
to use as fast a shutter speed that you can to make sure that this does
not happen but at the same time allow for your background to keep the
density you want. Give a test a go and see if 125th a sec has a lower
color problem.

There are of course other problems that may be the issue, color shift of
the heads or your softboxes are not quite white. It could also be the
age or type of flash tube in your strobes. Just a quick thought was your
backgrounds white? If so than it is probably mixed light from another
source. Also was the subjects wearing photo make-up or stage? Those do
have an effect as well.

I hope this helps,

Les Baldwin

Good stuff snipped
Even though I didn't change the lighting scheme
or exposures, on many of the shots the flesh tones
shifted from normal to a bit cyan.