Re: lens malfunction...not

My 75-300 IS (not L) has always behaved that way (since I bought it in 1997). It's a pain but I've never tried to do anything about it. I think it's endemic.

Roger

Thanks so much to everyone who responded to say the barrel slide-out
feature of the lens is (sadly) normal; I bought the lens used and didn't
even notice until after I'd used it for some time. I can live with the
sliding out of the barrel but it gets a bit tedious. I've noticed some
of my images not as sharp as they could be and my guess is that it's
caused by the barrel slipping...even slightly.

Now that I know this is normal I can think less of ways to repair it and
focus more on holding it in place where I want it when I shoot.

Thanks so much,
Lea

Lea Murphy Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com New images www.whinydogpress.com/new.html Picture a Week PAW http://www.whinydogpress.com/paw.html