Re: Review: Galleries on 11/1/03

Emily,
Advice well taken but... In this particular example, if I put her face at
Zone 7, it will not be a true representation. I may start getting some
details in shirt but the result would not be pleasing. I understand your
point that the white shirt is a distraction in this photograph. Perhaps
careful lighting would have improved the photograph a bit. As somebody said,
this actually is much of a grab shot than a carefully thought out photo.
Please look out for my next week's portrait submission, which also was also
a grab shot but lighting conditions were relatively well thought out.
thank you for your comment.
Achal