Re: New Voigtlanders

Hi again!
I've been out of the list for quite a while so excuse me if this is a duplicate topic.
Has anyone acquired/tested/borrowed any of the new Voigtlander Bessa cameras (L, R, S)?
I saw the pictures/descritpion on the internet and they seem to be pretty sturdy, back-to-basics cameras. I'm considering ordering one but would like to hear opinions before I do so.
Thanks
Pablo Coronel

Oh yes
I thought of replying offlist but then I remembered that they are based on the same body as the OM2000 and that a OM mount Bessamatic is a (faint) possibility so why not.
I've had an L and now have an R2 and trigger winder. The R2 is a significant improvement in sturdiness over the L, T and R and feels excellent to handle and use. The lenses are magic for the price. I use and recommend the 12mm, 21mm and 50mm Nokton. I also have the 15mm and a 90mmf4 Elmar-C I use with it, plus a couple of little Sunpack bounce flashes. None of this 'which one's shall I take' debate - you can take a couple of bodies and half a dozen lenses in a small bag.
The best dealer is Stephen Gandy (www.cameraquest.com), especially for us foreigners (he's very cheap compared to our local prices, like, er, half!). Check out details on his site under camera profiles - he's generally objective but he is also trying to sell them so use a spin detector.
Happy to tell more off-list if you want more.
AndrewF