Gallery comments

Jim Davis
Stalking the Shore:  It's always easy to look at another's work and say "I would have done it this way," but . . . I would have shot this in the vertical format and tried to include the bird's reflection in the water.   This may not have been possible, however.

Greg Fraser:  An interesting shot.  Nice design and pattern.   Again - it's easy for me to say - but I would have placed the red more off-center.  In the lower left-hand corner, maybe.   The photo is a sort of puzzle and that keeps me looking at it.

Jeff McSweeney
Broken Frames:  Jagged and edgy.   This is a good photo because it elicits a definite reaction from me.   I would burn the model's legs just a little - they look hot from her knees to her feet.   Very well done, though.  ( I hope the model was paid a sizeable sum for putting herself among the broken glass and being so vulnerable {:->)

Pablo Coronel
Self portrait:   For some reason this photo made me think "surreal".   It took "our world" (the people, sky, clouds, etc.) and put it in a realm by itself by placing this part of the image in a reflection.  Then it distorted the reflection.  I like this very much.

Dan Mitchell
Self:  If this image were mine (which it isn't), I'd crop it down to you and the reflection of the person walking, Dan, because that is what interests me.  The way you shot this, however, gives a certain perspective on where mankind fits into our world.  We insist on being the center of things, but we are really a very small part of the picture.

Kostas Papakotas
cd cover:  I would stop to look at this cover if I were in a store browsing through cd's.  Something about it is eye-catching.

David Small
Not A Movie Set:  I like this.  The guitar player standing above the person sitting in the chair gives the photograph a feel of unrequited love.  So near, yet so far.  A great relationship missed by an eyelash of time and space.   The old feel of the photograph, along with the setting takes me to another time and place.

Gregory david Stempel
Tacoma Narrows Bridge No. 2a:  As a certified tree hugger, the words, "There was a forest in the way," causes me to feel sad.   This is modern life, though, and the image you got, Gregory, is "today".   "There was a forest in the way," but now we have a view and room for more cars.  Excuse me while I get some Kleenex.  (Very good photo, though.)

D.L. Shipman:   When this came up on my screen, I thought "Wow".  I love the colors.  It's exciting; out-of-the-ordinary.  Great job.  Was the flower the colors depicted, or did you color it with Photoshop?

Christopher Strevens
Watling Street:  I really like the pen and ink look of this image, Christopher.  And the exactness, delicacy and intricacy of the lines.  Crisp, interesting and different.  Thank you for your comments explaining the image, also.  They add much interest to the photo.

Pini Vollach
Whites & Reds:  This is a scene I would never have seen if you hadn't brought it to me, via PhotoForum, Pini.   Thank you.   I'd like to see a bit more light on the figures so they are clearer, but this photo tells a story.

This gallery is a fascinating collection and I've enjoyed viewing it very much.  Thank you to all who contributed and to Andy and his overworked (and I'm sure underpaid,
{:->, staff for presenting it.)

Marilyn