Re: Gallery comments

Marilyn <marilyn@rglobal.net> wrote/replied to:

>Stalking the Shore:  It's always easy to look at another's work and say "I would have done it this way," but . . . I would have shot this in the vertical format and tried to include the bird's reflection in the water.   This may not have been possible, however.

Thanks for the review Marilyn and Greg. I often try and get the bird's
reflection, in fact too often. This one was a composition of bird and
the grass. I think Greg summed it up nicely. Thanks Greg. A little bit
was cropped, and I left what I felt was just enough reflection but not
too much. I feel this is one of my best ever shots.

I also noticed Marilyn, since I had a hard time finding your message
later, that you replied to a Gallery comment email from back in
February. Isn't that a bit of a strange way to post a gallery review?

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/