Re: Top or Bottom? (poster, that is!) WAS Re: Dimming hot lights

> Jim's put me in his kill file so he won't see this but note that my
reply
> was not directed at him but he felt inspired to jump in anyway.  I'm
done
> with this.

Well

(notice I took the trouble to snip stuff irrelevant)

Jim's advice is good.  I'm thinking of following it too, though that
would place Mike in there with a very select group.

"If you are "done with this" why jump in here to tell us?  That is a
real arsehole comment seen so often by posters who always claim to be
done with a topic but somehow always think they have the right to the
last word.

If your mind isn't open you won't learn anything from a discussion.
Jim hit on the real crux of the matter: one-liner top-posted
meaningless replies with the entire thread repeated below complete
with admin-headers.  Wonderful consideration for digest readers and
those who actually follow the thread anyway.

Will Mike ever snip anything from a message?

Does not look hopeful.  Shame really because some of Mike's recent
contributions (on photography) have been valuable.

Bob