Flash with 56k Connections and Artistic Images

Howdy PF,

Jim Davis wrote:

I'd be interested in how this site of Ami's works for a 56k dial up person if anyone checks it out. I did notice it took a few seconds for all the image to load on each section before any image could actually be displayed. This could be several minutes of more depending on the
connection and machine. I'm also now interested in discussing whether this type of displaying
gallery would work for a more artistic type of photo.

~~~

You can try my site Jim. It's more of an artistic photo site concerned with social justice than a photographer's commercial site. I used flash just to see what was possible. I also designed it to stream at 28K with absolutely no "loading... loading... loading..." action. I'm actually in the process of finding out if I succeeded in making a good flash site for us dial up users, and so am quite interested in feedback in this area. It's not at the same level as Ami Vitale's site, but then again, I made it myself and it was my first effort ever with flash. Which also means that while
constructive criticism is always appreciated, I do not welcome nit-picking, hair-splitting, or snipping about my site! To quote the singer/song writer Jewel, I'm sensitive, and I'd like to stay that way.

Once you get to http://lightwriting.net you'll see a two and a half second intro. The "Invisible Hands" button will lead you to what I'm on about.

Cheers,
Shawna
http://lightwriting.net