Review of PF Galleries on 11/1/03

              Emily L. Ferguson - water lilies

I too like this image  at first I was actually looking for the flowers,
then I decided that the colors ARE the flowers, cool shot, I am always a
sucker for good reflections.
              David Small - Columbus Day

I like the multi-patriotism that the boy is showing, but I also agree
that his eyes are too dark. Also I think the artist should try and
choose his background a little more carefully, the upper left is very
distracting.

              John Warner - Eastbourne Pier
Nice shot. I would have liked to see a lower camera angle of possible
with the building taking a higher angle in the shot it's too low the
horizon cuts through at an odd place. Also it's too dark on the bottom.

              Shawna Hanel - Stego
The old model builder wants to cut off the excess plastic from the feet.
However it is interesting lighting on the subject and the base.

              Leslie Spurlock - The Egg
This image conjures up all kinds of not so nice comparisons, so I'll not
comment further. Maybe I am watching too much SciFi.

              Dan Mitchell - Harbor
Interesting shape of the shadow lower left, there must be some REAL MEN
in this area <vbg>. I like boat and dock shots and this is plenty sharp,
I like the time of day but the shadow and brick lower left do detract
some.
              Don Meyers - Surf board shop
"urfboards? 'epairs? epsi? How did you manage this? '(d)OH! Ool olors!!
No oard utside?
              Achal Pashine - Saniya
The lighting for the girls face is too harsh. It is also a little too
low making for raccoon eyes camera left. The flash needs to be off of
the camera and bounced or softboxed some. The torn paper edge does not
do anything for me either. Cute snapshot, but it looks a little too grab
the camera cute, not planned well.

By all

Les Baldwin