Re: Jobo Autolab ATL-1000 processor question

Steve Hodges wrote:
....I realise this unit uses 24C as the B&W processing temperature. Other
than the normal time/temperature compensation, does anyone have any recomendations for compensation from intermittent aggitation (tank inversion) to rotary processing?

Steve,

Apologies for this untimely response. Perhaps it is not too late.

The instruction manual from JOBO you downloaded looks like it gives most all the information you need. The lack of alternate temperatures are a problem, but only if you need anything other than 75ºF / 24ºC. I use Kodak TMaxRS at 75ºF to tray process my TMax films with all the anal retentive results to which Emily referred and the reasons you bought the ATL-1000.

The only information I can give you beyond what you already have is the RPM used most for B&W is 50RPM. If you are using Kodak Film, go to their website and down load the PDF files for the films you use. They have excellent information to get you started including recommended starting points for rotary processing. I would hope Ilford, Agfa & Fuji have something similar.

I noticed in the instructions you referenced there is an adjustment chart in part 9.4. That should give you a good place to start. After that I know you know how to make your tests. Part 4.7 tells you how to alter the program times to your needs.

I'm sure I've told you what you already know. But I hope it's helpful.

Peace!
Sidney