Re: what does it all mean?

> If we go along with what you ask, then at some point in the future
we are
> going to run into a wall, and then we may be forced to accept the
"morality
> committee" telling us what and when we can have something. They do
this in
> China now when it comes to having children.
If you knew anything about China you would realise it has nothing to
do with morality: its a pragmatic approach to limiting exponential
population growth.

> Do you honestly feel you should have anything your heart desires,
just
> because you want it? If that were truly the case, then why do 6
million
> daily (and counting) users of marajuana still have to break the law?
Do you
> argue for them as well?
Now who has the morality comittee?
Marajuana (not that it interests me a jot) - the crime is out of all
proportion to the punishment.  Heck, we have drink and fags legally
which are every bit as harmful (but in the UK are a huge source of
tax).

Going back to technology: it is a valid question.  Modern technology
is not sustainable: period.  The "digital revolution" as a by product
is a wonderful way of forcing consumers to consume more.  MS switches
off the support and you have to replace what wasn't broke.  With your
"modern" cameras how many will be usable in 10 years (let alone 50
like mechanical counterparts).

As to phones and cameras.  I can't understand the need.  However the
phones have become an addiction for many users.  It's something to do.
Adverts (here anyway) stress how embarrassing it is to have less than
the most modern.  Ring tones are not a necessity but a badge of rank.
Photo-capable phones - actually there is a lot to be said for the
idea - when the new wave becomes old hat and kids move on to the next
gimick there's still a lot to be said for being able to transmit a
picture from your handset.

Quality?  Absolute crap pictures but that misunderstands the meaning
of the pictures.  The importance is taking part in the sharing (for
it's own sake) - being one of the crowd.

Outsiders don't need mobile phones ... less still photo ones.
Nobby Nomates has no one to share his snaps with ;o(

Bob