Re: Gallery Review on the first day of October

At 04:01 PM 10/1/2003 -0400, you wrote:

the other day I saw a bumper sticker. It featured a US flag and next to that the legend read "these colors don't run"

I'm not sure the bumper sticker content is one hundred percent right but close. The usage of the word "colors" is certainly correct,

Quick definitions (colors)

noun: a flag that shows its nationality noun: a distinguishing emblem (Example: "His tie proclaimed his school colors")

USAGE: sailing under false colors (lying) , striking the colors (surrendering), or coming through with flying colors (winning).

>I wonder how few people in my native land realize that France' flag is red, white, >and blue.

Along with flags from the UK, North Korea, Cuba, Iceland, Netherlands, Taiwan, Australia, and a dozen or two others. So what is your point?

Seems the educational system here has severely misserved most of the current generations.

The American education system ranks as number fourteen. South Korea ranks one and Japan ranks two. Canada, interestingly enough, ranks in fourth place. Fourteenth place for USA isn't all that bad, though, considering that 80% of American educators are liberals who consider diversification, political correctness, zero tolerance, class numbers, etc higher priorities than reading writing, and math.

So sad.

Emily L. Ferguson

Indeed, ignorance is rife... however judicious use of a dictionary can alleviate some of it.

Dave
East Englewood
Objects in the mirror are closer than they appear.