Re: RE on PF exhibits on 09-27-03

Jim Davis wrote:

> Interesting that you thought I had used flash for this photo?
> I certainly didn't, the world as I saw it looked exactly like this.

I think it appears to be flashed because the bird and foilage are of
about the same brightness and the background falls off to darkness so
quickly.
Although I suppose that a 620mm lens would put you far enough away as to
diminish the falloff of an on camera strobe.
Also, the light appears to be coming from very near lens axis and has a
flat brittle quality.

> Ok, I might have bumped the contrast a wee bit, and you are on a Mac,
> right?

right! Sorry for the mistake. I do feel that the lighting in the shot to
terribly lacking in any sense of romance. It feels like bare strobe on
the lens axis to me. If Weegee shot birds, this is what they would look
like. (Except of course they would be dead birds!)