Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

Does anyone on this list actually own a D1?????
I'd be interested in their personal experiences with centre vs edge quaility.  Bet it ain't as bad as the centre vs edge problems my Sigma lenses give ;o)

<<<I don¹t really think so, because there is an issue with the angle of the
light falling on the sensors; the bigger the sensor, the steeper that angle
at the edges of the sensor.. >>>
According to EOS magazine (arrived yesterday) the quality of the D1 and D10 sensors are identical ... it's just the former is twice as big.

That said then the D1 can surely do absolutely EVERYTHING the D10 can and some.
Remembering the word "cropping" (now replaced by focal length multiplication factor).
The central 50% of the pixels in a D1 scan are the same quaility (no?) as those from the smaller APS-sized sensor?  You can then if you choose obtain any "multiplication" you choose on the D1 - it has a "digital-zoom" capability

Canon (in the article) call the D1 for "professionals" - whatever that means -

For me, if money was no object, the D1 it would be right now.
Sadly money is the object ... and I can't afford one.
Maybe one day.  Maybe I have an aunt out there I've never met about to pop her clags and leave me loads of dosh ;o)

Bob

<<
They are already delivering pictures as good as actual
medium format scans. >>
"Scans" is the operative word:  medium format negs printed conventionally can give truly awesome quality - not that I own one.