Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

Le 18.9.2003 23:32, « andrew fildes » <afildes@netlink.com.au> a écrit :

> What worries me about the small sensor issue is that the next step in
> digital photography is likely to be the reduction of this speed
> problem. Those like Oly who go the small sensor route may find
> themselves overtaken by a new generation of full frame or even
> oversize fast chips and if the new lenses are optimised for 4/3 and
> can't migrate to a new large chip body......the horror!

I don¹t really think so, because there is an issue with the angle of the
light falling on the sensors; the bigger the sensor, the steeper that angle
at the edges of the sensor.. Many reviews I've read concerning the Olympus
seems to think that this was a good move and will be the future. The same
road has been taken by Nikon designing new digital lenses with a smaller
circle of coverage for smaller sensor. I think this is a trend which will
persists and cameras like the Canon 1Ds will be considered as our actual
medium format bodies. They are already delivering pictures as good as actual
medium format scans. And their size and weight is also nearing that of
medium format.

--
Christiane