Re: Nikon D2H vs. Kodak digital camera

It's all about speed - Nikon produced two versions of the D1 as I remember - a high resolution one and a fast one for photojournalists at half the megapixels. For a journo, the number of pix you can shoot and the delay between shots are far more important, given that the results will be used at a relatively small size with a 65-100 halftone screen over them. Even with my 'no-lag' 4MP didge, if I shoot at full res. I only get 20 shots on a 256meg card and wait what seems like an eternity for the last shot to load. I suspect most settle for a faster approach and damn the res.
What worries me about the small sensor issue is that the next step in digital photography is likely to be the reduction of this speed problem. Those like Oly who go the small sensor route may find themselves overtaken by a new generation of full frame or even oversize fast chips and if the new lenses are optimised for 4/3 and can't migrate to a new large chip body......the horror!
AndrewF

I am considering purchasing my first digital camera and will be using it for
photojournalism purposes. I just read about the new Nikon D2H (I'm a Nikon
user) which sounds great, but I was concerned about it only having 4.26 pixels
(or something). I know that the Kodak which uses Nikon lenses is around 13-14
megapixels. Wouldn't the Kodak one give you higher quality images? I really know
nothing about digital, but I don't want to have to turn around and buy
another one in a year or so because of the lack of image quality. Thanks for any
help.

Leslie Spurlock