From: "Gregory Fraser" <Gregory.Fraser@pwgsc.gc.ca>
To: "List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students"
<photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Sent: Thursday, September 18, 2003 10:57 AM
Subject: Galleria Impassions 18 Sept 03

> With September being the best damn month of the year, I browsed the fine
images posted at the RIT PF Gallery seen here
> http://www.rit.edu/~andpph/gallery.html. In the frame of mind that
anything is better than nothing, this is what I thought of the pictures.

> Achal Pashine (Windows) - I love the blend of shapes and colors, the blend
of hard lines and the soft glow of light from the interior lamp. I get a
really fresh summer feeling from this image. The kind of feeling you only
get when you're not at work on a beautiful, sunny work day and you find
somewhere quiet to go.

> Dan Mitchell (Dragonfly) - Sharpity sharp. The background is a lot less
blurry than I would expect from a shot like this but then again I don't use
a digital camera. Nice shot and it goes well with your neighbor Kostas'
windows.

> Antonio Cid (Essaouira, Morocco) - I love this scene. I'm sure in Morocco
its probably common place but in Canada we rarely lay out our seafood on the
floor. But not only do I like the scene but also the positioning of the
people and the overall softness of the image.

> Jim Davis (Red-Billed Coots Grown Up) - I don't remember the coots but I
do like the image. I love the water ripples and the long arches of the
grass. I also like the positioning of the birds because I have to look at
them for a while to figure out what the heck they are.

> Alan Zinn (P-38 Lightning) - Very nice Alan. The curves of the airplane
nose give it an almost animal-like look. Mostly though I like the look of
the secret service guy in the shades that is about to come over and take you
out with his taser he pulled from his crotch while distracting you by
flashing his homeland security badge in your face.

> Fred van Sand (Good Harbor beach) - It could be the sunlight but this shot
has the look of old photos from the '60s where the color has shifted towards
red. Nice scene though. How do you plink?

> Jayanth Vincent (Raphsody in Blue) - I like that word 'raphsody' and I
like the layers upon layers. Very majestic. There appear to be several
relatively large dots in the sky. Do you know what they are?

> Christopher Strevens, LRPS (Mars from my bedroom 13-9-2003 2:56 am) -
Chris, it doesn't look like the mars they show in the Blue's Clues episode
on astronomy where Steve sings a song about discovering Uranus, but I'll
take your word for it that this is really Mars. Do you live out in the
country away from city lights?

> My thanks to our philanthropic host A.D. and his industrious staff that
make umpalumpas look like slackers.