RE: The Lord of the Rings

>The truth would be easier to find if we knew what it was we were looking
>for.

<<No need. Just open your eyes and there it is, the truth. >>

Jim
My goodness did you really mean that seriously?

"The truth" ... for one my eyes often decieve me.
Futher, what we "see" is as much the product of our minds as it is a product of the (hypothetical) outside world.  The moon illusion jumps to mind.

The "truth" we see is often strongly influenced by what we want to see / believe.  Two witnesses viewing the same scene seldom come away with the same explanation of events ... prejudices and expectations ....

"you cannot be serious" one tennis player used to shout ... often he was right but the cameras frequently confirmed he was right and the line-judge/umpire wrong ...

The truth is indeed a weird concept ...

Sponge