Re: do newpaper phojos carry lights

Mike King <mikeking@cableone.net> wrote/replied to:

>Not sure how long ago you worked for a newspaper or how long ago the comment
>was made about not using flash, but in the world of full color front pages
>and (relatively) low sensitivity digital cameras I'll bet the use of flash
>is again on the rise.  I was speaking from personal experience of course and
>not quoted second or third party authority.
>darkroommik

Wow, you better update your experience then, cause the Canon 10d for
one can shoot up to 3200 ISO and look fine in any newspaper. In fact,
it's noise is much much lower than film at the same speed. I speak
from personal experience, I have one. I also know for a fact that all
Nikon and Canon's current DSLRs are very low noise and high ISO
capable. And, used extensively for newspaper work, etc.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/