Re: magazine publishing rights help

Hi Vlad,

While what I said was that everyone's
signature comes across as html, (which is that blue underlined text)
I meant that everyone's "signature",
the blue underlined text that acts to connect one with other
places/functions on the internet/within the html-driven browsers/mail
readers which is generated automatically by the persons own e-mail program
at the time the e-mail is sent.  By everyone, I
meant all of the people on this group and all of the people I have exchanged
e-mail with.  Yes, some mailers do make the change when the address has the
@ sign in the string. (My outlook express does.)
I had never heard that html was dangerous in and of itself.  My knowledge of
such things is somewhat limited.  When the virus thing became a problem, I
got a virus checker and eventually a firewall to take care of such matters.
The only virus that  I ever got rode in on an e-mail from someone I didn't
personally recognize and I opened it before I realized what it might be.
(That was before the firewall. )  I would like to make the point here that I
do not live in fear and loathing of the next virus.  It is inevitable that
one will get through.  I back up.  There is no ongoing project on my
computer that does not have an associated cd.  You may swear at Bill Gates,
Microsoft, Apple, whomever if you wish, but ultimately I am the captain of
my ship.  If something goes wrong, it is my responsibility to fix the
problem.  Those computer guys are doing the best they can to get products
out to us. None of them wish us ill.  And yes,  there are folks out there
whose whole existence is dedicated to fouling up other people's lives.
There are phrases and stories in the bible and even older books that tip us
off to this kind of behavior.  More to the point, I don't think the people
in this group would knowingly send an e-mail with a virus.  There are many
safeguards in place on the various servers we use so transmission of a virus
is unlikely in any event.  Oh, yes, there is a twit filter in Outllook.

Yours
fred.vansandf2%verizon.net  ;-}
glad to be anywhere