Re: 2 color reversing in PS

Kostas,
Without seeing the image its hard to say but I would magnetic lassor the broad areas of whichever color, add to it with the wand and use "similar" from select menu, til I get all the color - then cut it out to a new layer. Then use color picker from remaining color that will replace the now missing color - with paint bucket, brush or whatever. You could also create a layer of texture and color from removed color layer and lay it into the area to be changed in original layer. Then do the same in reverse. Can't really think of a simpler way - but there must be one!
Norman

kostas papakotas wrote:

hi all!

this time your help is asked on how to reverse the colors in a 2 color image.

Note. i do not speak of inverting the colors, but of swaping them...(changing one to another)

more specifically, I have a pic of a hard cover notebook in Green, where the green has been peeled off or is worn in places exposing the raw tan/light brown paper original color bellow.

what i want to do, is make the cover color tan/light brown, and the worn areas green.

i tried channel mixer, achieving the green hue i needed but not the tan one...

another way i tried, was to make a new layer, mark with the magic wand all the original green areas (since the tan ones are like islands within the green), make a mask, load the selection, clear, deaturate it and tinker with the color balance...

then i repeated the same process again, in second new layer and after inversing the selection & using the color balance again, i made tan areas where greens had been....

but i still not get the colors wished, so i need your help here...is there another way? how does "replace colors" work ?

and is there another way all together?

thanks, kostas