Re: magazine publishing rights help

Fred van Sand <vze59cgy@verizon.net> wrote/replied to:

(big sniperoo)
>More to the point, I don't think the people
>in this group would knowingly send an e-mail with a virus.  There are many
>safeguards in place on the various servers we use so transmission of a virus
>is unlikely in any event.  Oh, yes, there is a twit filter in Outllook.

Fred, it's pretty obvious, no offense intended, that you are very
naive with respect to the internet, HTML, and viruses. Most viruses
are sent completely unknown to the sender. And virus makers are very
smart and getting craftier every day. No server no program can keep up
with it. But there is a better way we can take this all in hand
ourselves...

I guarantee if you send no HTML, and view no HTML you will not get 99
percent of viruses going around. There are still some new ones that
directly affect your computer, and that's what the firewall is for.

Therefore send no HTML, and do not view it if you're smart. Virus
checker or no, it only takes one new one to ruin your whole day, maybe
more. It's a plague I tell you!

There is no need for HTML. It's just fancy dressing that grows
tiresome after a short time. If you are smart you will not use Outlook
Express. I use a program called Agent that does not do HTML period.
It's fantastic though for email with features OE only dreams of for
organizing and filtering email. Not to mention it's the best thing for
Newsgroups ever invented. Eudora and many other fine email programs
can be setup for no HTML but Agent does not need this.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/