Re: New job for Angi

Thank You Marilyn!
Interesting you should bring up my byline...some minor debate going on as to how my byline should read (although the end result is my decision) There are 2 existing full time photographers with the paper, one is older and has been with the paper for over 20 years (as terrified of the digital experience as I am) the other is "going to be 30", and is a major factor in the paper going digital. Some say my byline should read "Angi Turnpaugh" because that is what I go by and what everyone (excluding my parents) call me, the others say is should read "Angela Turnpaugh" because it it more professional. How important is it? Is there a guideline for this? It really makes no difference to me, because most people who know me by Angi realize that my given name is Angela. Does it really matter?

Angi

From: Marilyn <marilyn@rglobal.net>
To: List for Photo/Imaging Educators - Professionals - Students <photoforum@listserver.isc.rit.edu>
Subject: New job for Angi
Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 17:54:12 -0700

It's so exciting to hear about your new job on the newspaper, Angi.   Your
byline will be by photographs in 10,000 newspapers!

Keep us posted and let us know how you do.

A student had a part time job at our local newspaper a couple of years ago.
I remember his work because he always took his photos from an unusual and
interesting angle (lower, higher, closer, etc. than what other
photographer's would use).  I still remember some of his work.

You are going to do great - I know it.

Marilyn

Help protect your PC: Get a free online virus scan at McAfee.com. http://clinic.mcafee.com/clinic/ibuy/campaign.asp?cid=3963