Re: Brighton Beach Brooklyn and exploitation

Scot Coveyou <kamandscot@comcast.net> wrote/replied to:

>Interestingly, the only negative response to my candid photographs of late
>was from someone I wasn't photographing. Any time that a subject became
>aware, I lowered my camera, politely smiled and nodded. Each time I was met
>with a positive response.
>
>I wonder if the woman would have stopped me if I had a Canon Sure shot or
>it's ilk. Does the long lens and big camera body seem more intimidating?

We don't know how these scurvy types think... some people hate
tourists too, I do...

>Anyway, I stand now more determined to keep up the good fight. If I get
>something good I'll share it.
>
>If I fail, there's always the birds.

If your subjects gave you the nod, you have no guilt to worry about.
Your angry woman is a part of life, get over it, deal with it, etc.
Some people you can deal with easily, others you just have to avoid in
the first place, get the hell out of there, or maybe talk some sense
into.

Yep, the birds will be there. Not always where you want them, and you
can't always move around them to the other side, nor chose your angle
at all...

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/