Re: finicky save for web process

well, thanks all for replying, here what i can add on...

Norman ================
A little more info would help. What file format are you starting with and then choosing? Or is this happening with ALL file types consistently? Have you tried 'jumping' to Image Ready and going through this process to see if you get the same results? If on a Mac have you tried trashing your pref file and restarting the app? Last resort is to, of course, yes, here it comes...reinstall and start again.

i am using tiff, have not tried other types...image ready will be tested as soon as..

Achal ==============
May be your starting file size is too large. I had similar freezing problem
when using save for web, when my starting image size was larger (meaning 30
Mb or so). I think, it also once gave me a message, too large for 'save for
web' process.
Perhaps, you may be having similar problem?

that has occured bit it is not connected with the freezing...it will freeze even when concerting 1Mb tiffs

Greg =============
I would have to agree with Achal. It sounds like you're probably running out of disk space
during the operation and Windows is shutting down Photoshop.

nope no way that happening...got 40 free Gs to spare

Sam Stiglec =============
I use PS7 and have not run into that problem. Do you have enough RAM on your computer to run this program. I'm running 512mg and it works like a dream.

hmmmmmm
that may be it....it is only days i upgraded to 512 Ms and i have not purposefully tried to make it . yet!

gueess you will be hearing soon....kostas

so... no matter what, CHEER UP MY FRIENDS! Life is too precious to jump the other side of the fence...
kostas papakotas / clenched teeth photography
http://groups.msn.com/clenchedteethphotography/home.html
'COS SOMETIMES IT IS BETTER WITH CLENCHED TEETH!