Re: Photo predictions from almost 60 years ago - part II

<<This is the second part of an article from Popular Photography magazine
published in February 1944. More to come if you want to see it!>>

Of course we do Andy ;o)

<<Photography should be taught in the schools along with penmanship as
part of postwar education's expansion.>>
Mmmm ... penmanship is on the way out.

<<It is possible to perfect the camera to the point where it will become an
automatic instrument which will focus, expose and process the film by the mere
push of a button. In this way we will be able to realize a medium possessing an
immediacy between seeing and recording unachieved by any other art.>>
The ultimate end for the camera is no camera.

As computer simulations improve synthetic images will become the norm. [Aside, I was intrigued by a comment about films that "extras" may be a thing of the past soon in films as "man crossing street carrying newspaper" becomes "painted" in later (and cheaper).]

"If a picture is worth taking it's certainly worth faking"
Now as always.

Bob

Join Freeserve http://www.freeserve.com/time/

Winner of the 2003 Internet Service Providers' Association awards for Best Unmetered ISP and Best Consumer Application.