gallery comments 31/07/03

Not much to review this week - holiday season I guess. Hey, I just came
back from my own vacations... ;-)

------------------------
Richard Cooper - Mathew Brady
A real old-time image. And I spent some time trying to figure out what
he was doing... OK composition. High-structure backgroud, but OK as it
shows his surroundings, shows him in the middle of it.

Greg Fraser - Rain on Buckshot Lake
Very stylish. Monochrome except for the two red spots that breaks the
soft monotony. Cool!  Only objection is the rope going out of the lower
part of the image - cannot expalin, but I feel it should not have been
there.

Dan Mitchell - A Coil of Wire
Yes, OK, but...the upper part seems quite unimportant and could have ben
left out. Also the balance is off by the greenery and the vertical tube.
Maybe a much closer look on the coils plus the textured background might
have been more interesting.

That's it. Nice to be back!

Cheers,
Thomas