Re: Gallery Comments for 2003-06-28 - Pablo's Jaggies

> Alright... I understand you are talking about jagged edges,
pixel-like....

> I scanned the 35mm slide in a Polaroid Insight @ 2400 dpi
> Then I used Lview (a simple old program) to crop and then resize to
600x480
> Maybe it was the program...

Pablo

The version you sent me off line measured 803 x 579 pixels (83947
bytes)
The version in the gallery measured 640 x 461 pixels. (61021 bytes)

Resizing the original in PhotoShop (version 5.0) produced a MUCH
better result than the version you sent to the PF gallery.  All the
jaggies had gone. Oh, I saved it to same file size as gallery version.

In summary:  yes, I think it is your program that caused the
deterioration of the image.  The original is much better.
If you can't justify PhotoShop, try PSP.

Bob