RE: PF Exhibits on June 28, 2003

Withying - the lost art of creating impenetrable hedgerows by a rather vicious espallier technique involving partial cutting and live weaving something like hawthorns. I've also seen groups of trees planted in close circles and cross grafted to form tubular living basketwork. Spectacular but very slow art. Cruelty to plants or a demonstration of the resilience of living tissue?
AndrewF

Thanks for your comments Bill. You made me wonder if anyone ever put up a chain-link fence and then planted trees under it and wove the little trees through the fence wire as they grew? Sounds like a modern art kind of thing like a dress made of beef.

Greg