Re: Gallery Comments for 2003-06-28

Alright... I understand you are talking about jagged edges, pixel-like....

I scanned the 35mm slide in a Polaroid Insight @ 2400 dpi
Then I used Lview (a simple old program) to crop and then resize to 600x480
Maybe it was the program...

Thanks for the input

At 08:25 PM 7/3/03 +0100, you wrote:
> >Pablo Coronel - 350 Supercharged
> >Suffers from some zaggy artifacts (scanning? / resizing?)

> can you explain about those zaggy artifacts?

Not unless you give some more history of the scan as it appears in the
PF gallery!

The zig-zag edges are much more pronounced than in other images shown.
How was it scanned?  How did you resize it for submission  (ie what
tool)?

That's all.

Whatever though, it was the first thought I had on opening the shot .

Pablo Coronel Ph.D. Candidate Food Science Department North Carolina State University Room 39 Schaub Hall, Box 7624 Raleigh, NC, 27695

Phone (919) 515-4410
Fax (919) 515-7124
e-Fax (419) 818-7590
e-mail pcorone@unity.ncsu.edu