Re: Emily Ferguson - Seascapes

> >I think that Shyrell is probably wishing that she never went legit
> with
> >this request.
>
> Aye.  There's the rub!
> --
> Emily L. Ferguson
> elf@cape.com

Actually, I'm having quite a good chuckle out of it all! Honest person
that I am, I'm sure I'll do it again. <G> At any rate, a few things have
come up that I never thought of. I usually take pics that have no names
on them out of mags and do my paintings from them. But then there are the
faces I confiscated from Rolling Stone Magazine, Herb Ritz I believe.
Now, do I owe him anything because I used his images to do my watercolor
portraits (David Bowie, John Melencamp) for which I've never received a
dime, or even a penny? Do I still owe him anything even if these
portraits never leave my living room walls? How would one figure monitary
value for such a thing? I never thought of it before! And, too, how would
I like it if someone painted one of my pictures without asking? I think I
wouldn't mind as long as they never left their living room walls!

As for me, I'm a speed junky! No, not 'speed' duh. But doing things in
such a way that it doesn't take months to see the results. I get boared
with painting. That's why I went professional with my photography. Nearly
instant gratification. I do watercolor portraits but price them so high
that if I'm stuck doing one, an least it'll be worth the money I get. I'd
still like to see about purchasing one time painting rights under
contract, of course. Then if I do make prints, sell them and get rich, I
will share my wealth for which I will gladly pay you on Tuesday! (Wimpy)
: - )

Shyrell