Re: Rainbow fringing with sepia effects on Photoshop

Hi Deen,

You didn¹t tell which version of PS you are using. If it's one of the last,
don't use the desaturate command. Instead :

Go to Image/Adjustment/channel mixer. There check the monochrome little box
at the left bottom. Then play with the color slides in order to add the hue
you want.

Before going to the channel mixer, you can also add a Hue Saturation
adjustment layer. This would allow you to play with your picture, as if you
were adding B&W filters.

I don't understand why you'd get a rainbow fringe. But it may be caused by
the digital camera adding some false color fringe. This is not uncommon.
With the Canon you can test for that kind of false colors if you shoot in
strong backlights. I don't know how the Finepix S2 performs and whether it
has that kind of problem. Also did you sharpen your picture after making the
conversion to B&W ? It may create some artifact at the fringes and enhance
some problems previously there. Look carefully at your pictures when it is
at it actual size. May be that you'd get a clue as to what is going on if
you check a strong backlighted fringe at each of your step in the workflow..

--
Christiane