Re: Cropping

Le 22.6.2003 8:34, «?Brian Blankenship?» <brian@bngraphics.com> a écrit?:

> Actually using the "Cropping" tool causes the image to be re-interpolated
> and can result in loss of some detail,

That's why I told him to keep the resolution box empty.

>                   but I don't remember if there was a way to set
> an aspect ration for the selection tool or not. Really that is the best
> way, select your area and click image >>  crop.. and it just trims the
> image without re-interpolating it.

Yes, there is a way in version 5.0 : you hit the return key which brings
forward the option palette for the tool you are using, in this case for the
crop tool; then you check fixed size and feed in the dimensions you want,
leaving the resolution box empty. That's all and as Brian says, it's better
to fix the resolution in the Image/Size dialogue, or you run the risk to up
sample or downsample your picture and to degrade its quality.

--
Christiane