Re: help with a strange printing problem

At 01:11 PM 6/17/03 -0500, you wrote:
I posted a couple problem images to my web site. Clicking on the link will
take you to a page where you will see two images from a recent photo shoot.
There is a very odd line running thru the images that I would guess was lack
of fix or development except they are the only 2 frames on a 36 exposure
roll which show this problem. They are next to each other, about mid roll.

Agitation during film development was inversion and agitation during paper
development is constant.

I'm stumped and am open to hearing what others think may have caused this.
Could it be bad paper? The day these were printed I printed about 30 others
and didn't have a hitch of trouble with any others...thank goodness.

http://www.whinydogpress.com/mystery.html

Appreciating any help...
Lea

Lea Murphy Whiny Dog Press www.whinydogpress.com New images www.whinydogpress.com/new.html Picture a Week PAW http://www.whinydogpress.com/paw.html

Lea,

If you determine that the lines are not on the film it could be paper mfg. flaw. It isn't fogging because the lines are square to both pieces of paper and they would be dark not light. However, not knowing how the paper was trimmed out I can't tell if the lines are in the same place on both pieces. If you are sure the negs have the lines and they show up in two different locations in the frame it suggests shutter sticking problem not processing problem or flaw in film.

AZ

Build a Lookaround!
The Lookaround Book.
http://www.panoramacamera.us