Re:canon flash question

Lea,
       Why not try it, and check with the flashmeter to see if it is giving you correct ratios ? I'd do that first, no matter what anyone here (including me) or at Canon said.

  --- Luis

I have the 550EX and the 420EX flashes. The 550 can run as a master and the 420 as a slave and I've been quite successful in getting this to work with no trouble. What I want to do is work with ratios and I'm unclear if I can do ratios with the 550 and the 420 ONLY or if I need a couple 420s to make it go.

Anyone familiar with this?
Lea
tml