slide mounts

Well, I've run out of those chintzy Pakons that you pry slightly open and shove the poor piece of film in to.

So now I have a chance to get something better.

Can some of you explain to me the differences between Pakon, Gepe and Wess? Do the Gepe and Wess come as two separate pieces of plastic? Does one have to have a mounter to install the film? Does the mounter open all the way out, so you can maneuvre the film into place? Which of the Gepes and Pakons on the B&H site are the ones that you use with the mounter and which are the cheap ones like I've been using? Do these mounts with pins have little guide tracks for the edges of the film, like a little recessed area in the mount where the outer edge of the film nestles so it doesn't slide around in the mount? Is this a pain in the butt? How do I know which have one face of the mount black and one white?

Heeelp!!!

I'm not interested in the glass mounts so resist the temptation to tell me all about them....
--
Emily L. Ferguson
elf@cape.com 508-563-6822