Author Bob Shell in deep shit / Ed Romney / Steve Grimes (was: fromanother list

On 14 Jun 2003 at 11:30, Dan C wrote:

> http://www.roanoke.com/roatimes/news/story150854.html

A bit of expansion here, on behalf of poor Bob too:

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Willem-Jan Markerink" <w.j.markerink@a1.nl>
To: eos@a1.nl
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2003 19:46:27 +0200
Subject: EOS Re: Author Bob Shell / Ed Romney / Steve Grimes
Cc: infrared@a1.nl, panorama-l@sci.monash.edu.au,
	simonwide <simonwide@earthlink.net>, rpn1@cornell.edu

[originally posted to EOS list, CC to IR & Pan list]

On 15 Jun 2003 at 15:26, bob@bawbee.co.uk wrote:

> For those of you that own, or are thinking of buying, one of this
> author's books, the click and read:
>
> Befor you do, the story contains some indecent allegations and may be
> disturbing to some.
>
> www.roanoke.com/roatimes/news/story150854.html

The most indecent thing is that, even though he might not be guilty,
this kind of publicity means he has already been tried, convicted and

hanged.
And I was not even a friend of Bob.

And therefor this article is also a must, about how his friends have
come to his assistance:

http://www.roanoke.com/roatimes/news/story150953.html

And some significant details from that article:

"E-mail found on Shell's computer suggests the two had engaged in
that practice before, the affidavit says."

"But she began abusing drugs in North Carolina, and moved to Radford
to get away from her habits, Piazza said."

Just as sad is the fact that the very reason I didn't like him (even
though we did conversate by email a few times), being his Usenet
discussions with Ed Romney and Bob Neuman/David Ruether many many
moons ago (both of whom I had and have more respect for), is now also

a thing of the past, as I also learned today that Ed Romney died on
May 23rd 2003, age 71 (or was that April 23, 2002??....his own site
even suggests he still writes
books!....http://www.edromney.com/links.html)

http://herron.50megs.com/related_links.htm

<http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ed+Romney+passed+away&hl=en&lr=&ie=
UTF-8&oe=UTF-
8&safe=off&selm=d6f1698c.0305290514.5800d9a8%40posting.google.com&rnum
=1>

(or http://makeashorterlink.com/?X14B31EE4 for the copy&paste
challenged....;))

Same sad thing for another monument of the camera (repair/custom)
industry, Steve Grimes (from SKGrimes), having passed away on 16
April this year.
http://www.peterkrogh.com/Pages/Links/links.html

Last melancholic/cynical note, about where it all ends, and how, by
Ed Romney himself:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=Ed+Romney+died&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-
8&oe=UTF-8&safe=off&selm=3BFA86DF.B1E63763%40zianet.com&rnum=2

Or http://makeashorterlink.com/?X59B16EE4

Ed and I shared a deep aversion of Ebay btw (in particular the
posting of each and every auction on Usenet & mailinglists)....and
seeing recent threads on the EOS list about Ebay scams, one can only
conclude that Ed was way ahead of his time....;))

--
Bye,

Willem-Jan Markerink

      The desire to understand