Re: bw photoshop conversion help

Christiane Roh <rohcris@vtx.ch> wrote/replied to:

>I'm quite surprised by the difference between the two jpg versions, because
>I kept the same compression level.

Well, I used to 'save for web' from PS. Then I realized my colours
were losing their brightness. I save JPG regular now. First I convert
to sRGB, and save with no colour space or thumbnail. I believe I'm
getting the same sized file, but the colours are much livelier. Both
in medium compression.

Jim Davis
Nature Photography
http://www.kjsl.com/~jbdavis/