Re: bw photoshop conversion help

Le 11.6.2003 16:14, «?karl Shah-Jenner?» <shahjen@iinet.net.au> a écrit?:

> just a quick question, are these 'save for web' images stripped of header
> and other data or do you still need to run them through jstrip to remove all
> non image data?

Yes, it strips all the header :

I've just made a little experiment : sampled down a picture like for the PF
gallery at 512x394 pixels;
- In TIF format, the file weight 572K
- In JPEG, using the "Save as" command and using a medium compression of 5,
the file weight 120K
- In JPEG, using the "Save for web" command and a medium compression of 50
(aka the same as previously), the file now only weight 48K.

Looking at these pictures with the image browser, all the information of the
header is kept in the TiF format (the downsampled copy of a bigger digital
picture); the same information is still present for the JPG version saved in
the usual way. But all the information has disappeared when using the Save
for web command. In the Finder (aka Explorer of the pc users) the thumbnail
of this file is replaced by a Photoshop icon.

I'm quite surprised by the difference between the two jpg versions, because
I kept the same compression level.

--
Christiane