Re: Camera drowning

At 08:51 AM 6/8/2003 -0700, you wrote:
I can not believe what I've done.

A brand new (less than 5 days old) Nikon F100 and Nikkor 28-105 also a
75-300 Nikkor, all drowned in the lake. Completely submerged for about four
minutes. Are they salvageable or total losses?

Gregory -

Keep everything submerged in fresh water until you can get it to a repair facility.

I've dunked my Leica M's in the river more than once, dried them out and continued to use them but I wouldn't try that with any other camera.

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Faces of Iraq: